Friday, October 16, 2009

Photography Challenge #7: "Octography" Mini-Challenge, Day 16


Day 16: So a Nigerian King and Queen were at school today...



I'm not kidding. When I got to my middle school this morning everyone was all "the king and queen are coming!" I was very confused. I still am very confused about why they were there, but whatever! I think this just helps to prove the fact that there is never a "normal" day when you work in a school!

In the picture the king is the one in white, the girl in bright blue who is talking is the princess, and the queen is in gray. The king talked for a while and apparently he is a Christian because he was quoting scripture right and left and making references to God and Jesus. One of my favorite things he said was, "Everything that to happening this year, is behind the hand of God." I think he was trying to give God the glory. I liked him. =) You could tell he had a good personality, at the end of his speech he sang a song and when he finished he said, let me just sing it one more time. All the kids started clapping along and I didn't know if he would be offended, but I think he liked it because he sang it again!

If you look closely at the picture, you can see that he is holding a white tail looking thing. As he was walking in he held it up and shook it, and every time instead of clapping he shook it. I tried to get a picture of that but could never catch it in time!

(What is Octography?)

1 comment:

JW said...

Mary Ellen - This is so neat! I've never been in the audience of a king and queen before. I love ALL your photos!