Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Photography Challenge #7: "Octography" Mini-Challenge, Day 14

Day 14: Miss Cordelia's



I stayed late at school tonight doing report cards so I decided to stop by Miss Cordelia's on the way home and pick up dinner and a few other things. Even though Miss Cordelia's is a little more expensive than your typical grocery store, I love it because it is convenient and it just has a great small town kind of feel! You can't help but bump elbows with other shoppers on the tiny isles, which is ok because people talk to each other there...its like a meeting place on the Island. Besides groceries, Miss Cordelia's sells things made by local artists and local food items you can't find anywhere else. There is usually fun blues or jazz music playing, and I've even witnessed people dancing in the isles! I wanted to take pictures of the inside because its just so cute, but I've been playing around the settings on my camera and couldn't get it to work inside (definitely still on the learning curve with the D90). When I got to my car it magically (magically as in I pressed a random button) started working again so I decided to take a picture of the outside, which is just about as cute! I haven't taken many night pictures with this camera yet but I am pleased with how it turned out...I love how the light is glowing from the windows. If you look closely you can see the pumpkins they are selling in the cute little fall display just inside the front door! LOVE it!!

(What is Octography?)

No comments: