Confession: I have no idea what most of the buttons on my camera do. Yet, anyway. Thanks to a random lady in St. Louis I am now figuring out what all those buttons can do. Let me explain. While we were at the Arch we asked this random lady to take our picture. She happened to have the D80, which caused us to start talking cameras, which led her to tell us all about this awesome photography website. Got that? Well, it turns out the website is pretty awesome. It explains your camera manual in plain English! Yay! I have been hooked ever since!! (It also has lots of other cool stuff on it that I haven't gotten around to checking out completely yet!) Thanks random lady!
So after some reading up on the awesome website, I have discovered my current favorite button: the +/- button. Here's how it works: Take a picture. Do some chimping. Need to make it lighter? Press the +/- button and turn the back dial to the left. Need to make it darker? Press the +/- button and turn the back dial to the right. Easy cheesy!
Here is Billy the Bison demonstrating the +/- button:
I also just received the 50mm lens that I ordered this week and have been having fun playing around with it too! Definitely recommend this lens!!!
Sorry for the Brownie overload but she is the most exciting thing in the apartment. I love how this lens can blur the background so you can't tell how messy the place is right now. =)
1 comment:
Love the update! I was having "Mary Ellen's Blog Withdrawals" after Octography ended!
Hope you have a great time in FL!!
Post a Comment