Day 25: Lame
Sorry...this is a lame Octography blog post. Especially because today was absolutely gorgeous and I should have gone somewhere outside to take pictures. But I didn't, so this is what you get. I've actually been thinking about taking pictures of the apartment for a while, just so I have them...and I did spend a big chunk of yesterday cleaning (I may or may not have just unpacked from the trip two weeks ago) so I figured now would be the best time! So come on in for a tour!
Living room:
Sorry...this is a lame Octography blog post. Especially because today was absolutely gorgeous and I should have gone somewhere outside to take pictures. But I didn't, so this is what you get. I've actually been thinking about taking pictures of the apartment for a while, just so I have them...and I did spend a big chunk of yesterday cleaning (I may or may not have just unpacked from the trip two weeks ago) so I figured now would be the best time! So come on in for a tour!
Living room:
Brownie had to get in on the shot.
Living room and dining area
My 'inspiration' for these rooms (don't they always have some kind of 'inspiration' on those HGTV shows??) was the view from the windows. You can't see in the pictures above because it was nighttime, but here is what you would see if you looked out the windows:
I love, love that it feels like you are up in the trees and I wanted the room to feel like an extension of that! (The first thing I do every morning is open all the blinds!) My goal was for the view from the windows to seem like they would fit right in the room almost like a painting, so I tried to pick earthy themes and colors to match what you see out the windows. There are lots of things I'd still like to do to this room...like paint the wall behind the couch a sage green color, hang some curtains, and find some tall chairs for the bar...but for now I am just thankful to have a little spot to call home!
Alright...so maybe that wasn't really a tour of the whole apartment. I'm saving the other rooms in case I run out of other ideas for pictures this week! =) Octography has been fun but I must say I am a little glad this month is almost over...I'm running out of steam! If anyone in my audience of three readers has ideas for pictures this week let me know! =)
2 comments:
Haha... You know you have more than 3 readers now that your blog is posted on Rachel's fb page!!! Ideas:
Tuesday: the rest of your apt
Wednesday: Trunk-or-Treat :)
Thursday: Melora's play
Friday: Jacob & Lola's party
Saturday: Bethany's party
(that's the end of the month!)
DON'T FORGET ST. LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that night pictures have a nice challenge of their own. Jeremy Post and I did some night pictures of Washington DC. You can do some interesting things with filters and getting the lighting just right can be really tough.
And I think that Claire is right. The link off of Ryan and Rachel's fb pages had driven your readership/followership to at least 5 people. :-)
Post a Comment