Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is what I want to do...!

I remember reading an article about The Heart Gallery in the newspaper when I was in high school. It has been in the back of my head ever since, but the other night my mom helped me dust the cobwebs off this memory when she reminded me of its existence. Here is a description from the website:
"The Heart Gallery is a traveling photographic and audio exhibit created to find forever families for children in foster care."
I want to be a part of this!!
Foster care and adoption are dear to me for many reasons. One of my best friends in the world is adopted, as well as my cousins. I grew up in a church with foster homes on site, so I watched those kids come in and out all the time. The idea that I could use photography, something I love to do so much, to help these kids, which I feel so passionate about, is incredibly exciting! I am putting this on my blog so I can keep it in the front of my memory!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay! It sounds perfect for you. Now you'll be able to use your talent to help someone other than your college roommate who makes you take pictures of her new baby! :)